Royal Albert Hall
For the last eleven years Teenage Cancer Trust has held concerts featuring the biggest names in music and comedy at London's Royal Albert Hall. This concert series continues to generate millions of pounds from ticket sales alone meaning that your sponsorship fee would go directly to helping young people fight cancer.
A record of success
Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall is a unique and exclusive event.
5 reasons to support the event
- Targeted exposure to and positive positioning amongst an affluent socially active audience
- High profile association with an event firmly established as a highlight in the music calendar, proven to be media newsworthy
- Enhanced brand integrity gained through alignment with a highly emotive cause and well known charity which evokes incredible empathy with young people
- Exciting additional potential for product sampling, data capture and direct engagement with your target audience
- A unique staff and client engagement opportunity
Media and branding exposure
The 2011 shows benefited from the following media exposure:
111 national and 57 regional articles - the concerts were featured in every national newspaper
Print coverage worth £1.5million
49 print adverts worth £200,000 secured in national papers and music press to promote the line up
51 broadcast mentions – including primetime BBC1 and ITV
Official media partners include NME and Absolute Radio
Over 10 million emails sent to announce the line up
128,000 website visitors in one week
Being a sponsor enables supporters to get on with what they are there to do - raising much needed funds and awareness of Teenage Cancer Trust
Teenage Cancer Trust host a number of high profile events throughout the year that can offer companies sponsorship opportunities these include:
- A week of concerts at the Royal Albert Hall
- Our teenage conference, 'Find Your Sense of Tumour'
- Our International Conference on Cancer and the Adolescent for professionals
As we grow, more and more events, both national and regional are presenting sponsorship opportunities all the time.
Other sponsorship opportunities
There are numerous other sponsorship opportunities at Teenage Cancer Trust including:
- A teenager or young adult going to the Find Your Sense of Tumour conference for the first time
- Someone trekking to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust
- The running costs of an event, ensuring as much of the funds raised as possible go directly to the charity
Case Study: NOMURA
Global investment bank Nomura were the first ever Headline Sponsor of Teenage Cancer Trust's concerts at the Royal Albert Hall.
Their sponsorship was an incredible way to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the concerts
A project group was formed to ensure strategic planning and integration of the two brands and the smooth execution of the event
A mass communications and advertising campaign ensured the event sold out in record time
An internal promotional campaign, including an employee ticket weblink was created, allowing Nomura employees to purchase tickets on presale
1,363 employees or guests of Nomura attended the concerts, 4% of the total audience
Nomura employees were given the opportunity to attend an exclusive unplugged event with Roger Daltrey
Market research indicated an 11% awareness level of the partnership
£1.4 million was raised, including £71,000 from Nomura employees through ticket purchases, a staff auction and 53 employees who volunteered to collect at concerts.
“'Nomura were extremely proud to be involved with Teenage Cancer Trust’s concert series. |It delivered for us on a number of levels; providing unrivalled client entertainment; extensive internal staff engagement; strong branding benefits and ultimately aligned our business with a hugely successful charity fundraising event. The sponsorship was an integral part of our fundraising partnership and contributed to making our involvement so successful. I would encourage another business who are supporting Teenage Cancer Trust to consider sponsoring these concerts to fully leverage and maximise the benefits of being involved with such a worthwhile cause.” Paul Spanswick, Global CAO, Nomura
Contact our Corporate fundraising team for more information or ideas on how you can help Teenage Cancer Trust:
Tel: 020 7612 0728