Working with companies and local businesses
Local businesses can be a fantastic source of support for your fundraising in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may have friends, family or other contacts who work for companies in the local area who may be willing to help out and get involved.
There are many ways that companies can help you with your fundraising activities, these include:
- Buying tickets for an event
- Donating prizes for an auction or a raffle
- Sponsoring a fundraising event
- Offering the use of a venue
- Letting their employees volunteer at a fundraising event
- Buying advertising space in a programme
- Providing items for goody bags
- Promoting events to their employees
- Providing refreshments free of charge
Before contacting companies in your local area we would be grateful if you could let your local fundraising team know about your plans. We ask you to do this because we may already be speaking to that company and it will help ensure we aren’t bombarding individual companies with requests for help. We may also be able to offer advice on the best way to approach a company and how to offer them a benefit in return for their support.
Please be aware that Teenage Cancer Trust will not be able to honour any agreements that you enter into in Teenage Cancer Trust’s name. If you choose to work directly with a commercial organisation in your fundraising, you will need to agree on your own behalf and say that you are acting “in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust”.