Under 18’s Virtual Find Your Sense of Tumour
2nd – 3rd October 2021
Teenage Cancer Trust is responsible for setting conditions of attendance for Under 18’s Virtual Find Your Sense of Tumour. These are divided into clinical criteria and code of conduct. If you wish to attend the online event but don’t think you meet these terms, then please get in touch with your treatment team or contact Teenage Cancer Trust at email@example.com using the subject heading Under 18 Virtual FYSOT for further advice.
To attend Find Your Sense of Tumour, a young person must have received a cancer diagnosis and:
- be aged between 13 and 17 by 3rd October 2021.
- have been no younger than 11 years old when they received their diagnosis.
- have finished treatment within the last two years.
Exemptions will be made for young people on maintenance treatment or palliative-stage patients if your treatment team feel it will be appropriate for you to attend.
If you have recently finished treatment, please discuss your attendance at the event with your treatment team. They will support you in making sure the event is right for you at this time and highlight other opportunities that might be available for you to access.
We understand that there may be instances where a young person does not fulfil the criteria listed but would still benefit from attending – please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you feel this might apply to you.
All young people, facilitators, NHS staff and Teenage Cancer Trust staff have the right to be treated with respect and protected from harm wherever possible. As organisers of Find Your Sense of Tumour, we want you to get the most from the experience. Agreeing to the Code of Conduct will provide a safe online environment for everyone.
By signing the relevant section on the application form you are agreeing to abide by the requirements set out below. This will form a contract between you and Teenage Cancer Trust.
Online Code of Conduct:
- Always log on to the event with your name so you can be identified.
- If you feel you would like to leave the online event, you can do this at any time. You can contact your local NHS treatment team at any time during the event if you have any concerns or worries.
- Please do not share log in details or links for the event with anyone else.
- Please remove any identifying objects from around you and your background before you participate in online activity.
- If you do not wish to be on camera, you can turn this off.
- Please make sure you are in a quiet and private space when logging in to the event. This is to protect your own privacy, and the privacy of others attending the event.
- If you do not wish to speak, you can turn off your microphone and use the text box to type.
- If you are not speaking please put your microphone on mute.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- We would encourage you not to ask specific medical or clinical questions about your individual circumstances at the event. If you do have questions following the event, please note these and take them to your treatment team.
- Regional pre and post-event activities will be delivered within the governance of your local treatment team’s NHS trust guidance. This may include recording online engagement for safeguarding purposes.
The following behaviours are not acceptable when you are attending Under 18’s Virtual FYSOT:
- You will not consume alcohol;
- You will not have or use illegal substances or recreational drugs;
- You will not smoke or vape whilst online at the event;
- You will not be verbally aggressive;
- You will not bully, intimidate, harass or act in any way that causes harm or distress;
- You will not behave in a way that is a health and safety risk to yourself and others;
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may result in you being asked to leave the event and may not be permitted to attend future Teenage Cancer Trust events. Any behaviour that is illegal will result in the Police being called.
Thank you for taking the time to read these Conditions of Attendance. They are in place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience whilst accessing the event. If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com