The latest coronavirus guidelines
There’s a lot of info out there and things are changing all the time.
Here are the main things to remember about keeping yourself and others safe:
- work from home if you can. If not, talk to your employer, GP or clinician about your options
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- you should wear a mask in enclosed spaces, like essential shops and on public transport
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds or more
- do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms. That means:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- Find more symptoms from the NHS.
There are currently some national and local restrictions in place. Check the government page for local restrictions to check the restrictions in your part of the UK.
If you are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable and were previously asked to shield, you don’t currently need to shield during national and local lockdowns, but there may be guidelines for how you can keep yourself safe.