The Great North Run is a celebration of what makes the North East great! If you join #TeamLegend, you'll have an army of aweseome volunteers cheering you on along the course and tonnes of training support and fundraising tips in the lead up to the event.
Come and join us on a 13.1 mile journey from Newcastle's city centre to the coast in South Shields - we can't wait to welcome you on board.
I need a place
Charity places for the Great North Run 2020 are now open! Charity places are only £30 to register.
We ask that you pledge to raise a minimum of £345 to help young people with cancer.
You can sign up now and we'll send you a welcome pack and a free Teenage Cancer Trust running top!
I already have a place
You've already got a place through the organisers?
Brilliant! You can help young people with cancer by joining our team.
Simply register your fundraising and set your own fundraising target. Once you've registered, we'll send you a welcome pack and free running top to get you started!
5 reasons to run with us
We could go on all day about why should join our team, but that would be boring so we'll keep it short. Here are our top 5 reasons:
1. You'll help young people with cancer.
2. You'll receive an exclusive Teenage Cancer Trust running top.
3. You'll have free access to our incredible training zone.
4. You'll get all the fundraising help you need to reach your goal.
5. You can ralk to us. We're here to support you.
How you can help young people
- £50 could provide 2 hours with Teenage Cancer Trust Youth Support Coordinator who understands what it's like for a young person facing cancer and can support them with the emotional, practical and social impacts of cancer
- £100 could buy a round of pizzas for everyone on a Teenage Cancer Trust unit so everyone can grab a slice, feel less isolated and be there for each other
- £210 could pay for 7 hours of care from a Teenage Cancer Trust Clinical Nurse Specialist who understands the challenges of dealing with cancer as a young person and can provide thoughtful, sensitive, expert support
- £420 could pay for a young person to attend our Ultimate Backstage Experience at the Royal Albert Hall, where they'll develop new skills and confidence before enjoying a Teenage Cancer Gigs show
- £950 could pay for a young person to attend Find Your Sense of Tumour, an incredible, inspirational residential weekend where they can meet other young people who understand what they're going through, get advice, and take part in amazing workshops
Join our GreatNorth Run cheeringsquad
If you have any questions about this event, then take a quick look at our challenges FAQs.Read our FAQs ›