The Great North Run is a celebration of what makes the North East great! If you join #TeamLegend, you'll have an army of aweseome volunteers cheering you on along the course and tonnes of training support and fundraising tips in the lead up to the event.
Come and join us on a 13.1 mile journey from Newcastle's city centre to the coast in South Shields - we can't wait to welcome you on board.
I already have a place
You've already got a place through the organisers?
Brilliant! You can help young people with cancer by joining our team.
Simply register your fundraising and set your own fundraising target.
Once you've registered, we'll send you a welcome pack and free running top to get you started!
I need a place
Unfortunately charity place registration for the Great North Run 2019 is now closed.
To check out the list of other half marathons you could take on for Teenage Cancer Trust click here.
Set on taking on the Great North Run? Email us to register your interest in the Great North Run 2020 and we'll notify you when charity place registration opens.
How you could help
- £50 could provide 2 hours of vital nursing care by a Teenage Cancer Trust Clinical Nurse specialist who understand what it's like for a young person fighting cancer, to help them feel less frightened about what's ahead.
- £100 could enable a young person to come together with 29 others for a 1 day music therapy workshop that are arranges every March backstage at Teenage Cancer Trust's concerts at The Royal Albert Hall.
- £250 could pay for a young person to attend our annual Find your Sense of Tumour weekend conference, enabling them to meet others with cancer, often for the first time.
- £400 could provide 20 hours of tailored support by a Teenage Cancer Trust Youth Support Coordinator. These skilled staff keep young people active, encourage them to socialise and share experiences, and in this way help them gain some control over their illness.
5 reasons to run with us
We could go on all day about why you should join our team, but that would be boring so we’ll keep it short. Here are our top 5 reasons:
- You’ll help young people with cancer.
- You’ll receive an exclusive Teenage Cancer Trust running top.
- You’ll have free access to our incredible training zone.
- You’ll get all the fundraising help you need to reach your goal.
- You can talk to us. We’re here to support you.
Join our GreatNorth Run cheeringsquad
If you have any questions about this event, then take a quick look at our challenges FAQs.Read our FAQs ›