City Plumbing Supplies launched their partnership with Teenage Cancer Trust in January 2012 and have now raised over £1.5 million.
The £1.5 million raised will have an enormous impact. It could:
- Provide 25,000 hours of vital nursing care within a Teenage Cancer Trust unit
- Fund 20,000 hours of one-to-one specialist support from a Youth Support Coordinator
- Pay for the cost of running 40 x Education and Awareness Programmes for a day
- Pay for our Youth Support Co-ordinators to hold 300 nights out at the cinema or bowling for a group of young people being treated on a Teenage Cancer Trust unit – a world away from treatments and appointments.
- Pay for 28 x digital jukeboxes within the social area of our units so young people can relax and listen to music with friends, family and other young patients.
The relevance of Teenage Cancer Trust to both staff and customers alike is huge, with many holding regional fundraising events in areas where we have Teenage Cancer Trust units. The partnership is predominantly staff fundraising, with colleagues jumping out of planes, breaking out of jail, climbing mountains, cycling for days (and nights), hosting regional balls, running marathons, wading through mud, and much more! All City Plumbing Supplies staff across the country are incredibly engaged - so much so that the partnership was highly commended at the Business Charity Awards 2014.
Managing Director of City Plumbing Supplies, John Frost, said:
It is a badge of pride that I am privileged to wear in this business, having so many wonderful colleagues working for this great cause. I am personally delighted with Teenage Cancer Trust. It’s somehow in the DNA of City Plumbing Supplies