Friday 20th November 2015
UPDATE: We've got relay places! If you're a keen cyclist but not a big swimmer or if running's more your thing - sign up for Ironman as a relay.
Each team member has to complete 1 of the 3 disciplines: swim, bike or run. Teams can have 2 or 3 members, so for a 2 person team, 1 athlete completes 2 of the disciplines. Teams can be all male, all female or mixed. Registration is £80 per person and the team fundraising target is £3000. Email us to sign up
The professional triathlete is calling on others to join Team Lucy to take on this challenge with her and raise money for the only UK charity who supports young people aged 13-24 with cancer. We have reserved special places for Team Lucy participants in the sold-out IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire. Taking place on 12 June 2016, it's not for the faint hearted - Team Lucy will be completing a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride across the countryside, finished off with a 13.1 mile run.
Team Lucy participants will have access to an exclusive package worth over £2,000, including a tailored training plan written by Lucy, an exclusive training day including a morning open water swim course run by Elite swimming academy, a sports psychology session, sports nutrition session and injury prevention session, 1 night's pre event accommodation in a luxurious hotel and an exclusive kit package to support and train athletes as they prepare for the 70.3 mile challenge.
The cancer doctor, who is also an Ambassador for us, came in the top 10 in the World Championship at Kona last month. Now, Lucy is stepping up once again to the challenge for a charity close to her heart. Lucy became Ambassador for Teenage Cancer Trust after visiting one of their specialist cancer units for young people and was inspired to raise money for the charity.
I want people to join me and take on one of the toughest IRONMAN'S in the UK in aid of the charity that does so much to support teenagers with cancer. IRONMAN Staffordshire will be one to remember and it will be an honour to take it on as a team whilst raising vital funds for Teenage Cancer Trust.
Joanna Sullivan, Head of Mass Participation at Teenage Cancer Trust, said: "Team Lucy is going for gold this year, with an amazing package that will train and support our athletes to help them conquer IRONMAN Staffordshire. Every person that signs up will be making a difference to the lives of young people with cancer."
To find out more about registering for IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire for us, please contact email@example.com
Team Lucy package is worth over £2000 and includes the following:
- Entry into sold-out IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire
- An exclusive launch event with Lucy and the opportunity to hear from various speakers including the young people who they will be helping.
- Tailored training plan written by Lucy
- Support from a dedicated fundraising expert at Teenage Cancer Trust
- An open water swim day run by Elite Swimming Academy to be followed by a talk from a sports psychologist and sessions on injury prevention and nutrition.
- Entry into the Adidas Half Marathon
- A limited edition Teenage Cancer Trust branded tri-suit, plus other kit including googles and GREEPER laces, high 5 nutrition and Erdinger alkoholfrei, exclusive 30% discount on Blue Seventy wetsuits
- One night's pre-event accommodation in a luxurious hotel
- Massage at the hotel following the race
- Celebratory drinks reception for you and your family at the hotel
- Exclusive goody bag to take home.