University College Hospital London Cancer Centre
Our Teenage Cancer Trust HUB at the Macmillan Cancer Centre, University College Hospital London is an out-patient facility for 13-24 year olds. It has eight treatment pods and a further six treatment chairs.
We opened our HUB in April 2012 and fund four expert staff here:
- Nurse Consultant for London
- Youth Support Coordinator
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, lead for London’s Family Support Network
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner, in a funding partnership with UCLH
The team makes sure each young person having treatment gets the best possible quality care and is treated as a young person first, cancer patient second.
Teenage Cancer Trust also funds a teenage and young adult Clinical Nurse Specialist at Mid and South Essex Hospitals, Romford Hospital, Barts Hospital and Imperial Hospital as part of the outreach service we run for the London region.
Facilities at University College Hospital London Cancer Centre
- Treatment and consulting rooms
- Outpatient and ambulatory care facility
- Pool table, table football
- Dedicated Teenage Cancer Trust Wifi with laptops
- Gym space
individual day care pods