University Hospital of Wales Llewellyn Unit
Our Llewellyn Teenage Cancer Trust unit at University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff is designed for 14-25 year olds. It has eight in-patient beds and a day care facility. All bedrooms are equipped with comfy and cosy soft furnishings, bespoke furniture, TV and gaming facilities. We also provide free Teenage Cancer Trust Wifi and laptops.
Teenage Cancer Trust funds four expert staff member at the unit:
- Youth Support Coordinator
- Teenage and Young Adult Lead Nurse
- Teenage and Young Adult Multidisciplinary Team Coordinator
- Teenage and Young Adult Outreach Nurse, covering south east Wales
They make sure each person having treatment on our ward gets the best possible quality care and is treated as a young person first, cancer patient second.
We opened our award-winning Llewellyn Teenage Cancer Trust unit in 2009 and refurbished the recreation room in 2016.
Facilities at our Llewellyn unit
- Two three-bed bays, two single en-suite rooms
- Three day care chairs within outpatients area
- Examination room
- Chill out area and TV area
- Dining area
- Computer area
- Patients’ kitchen and parent’s room and kitchenette
- Nurse’s office and staff room