How we raise money
In the last financial year (2014-15), we were proud to raise £16 million to help young people facing cancer in the UK.
- corporate fundraising - £4.1 million
- community fundraising - £8.9 million
- fundraising activities*- £3 million
*including income from our Royal Albert Hall shows and individual giving
How we spend money
From every £1 that you donated last year, 81p was spent on helping young people with cancer, 11p on raising the next £1 and 8p on running the charity.
- £3.6 million on building, developing and maintaining Teenage Cancer Units
- £3 million on regional services including education, awareness and improving access to specialist services
- £1.7 million on national initiatives such as campaigning, training for health professionals, research and other activity to support young people with cancer
- £245k on governance costs
**such as external audit, legal advice and other costs related to constitutional and statutory requirements.