If you're reading this, chances are you're in remission - and that's a very big deal indeed.
But if you're also feeling a little lost, trying not to worry. We know that finishing treatment can feel overwhelming, but you're not the only one.
Young people tell us all the time that finishing treatment can be just as complicated as finding out you have cancer in the first place.
Maybe you've been feeling:
- Confused by the change in your routine
- Lonely because you no longer see the same faces every day
- Isolated from family and friends who don't get how you feel
- Unsure about how you fit into your old life
- Worried about whether your cancer could come back
- Angry, sad, depressed and even more confused because of how cancer has disrupted the life you imagined for yourself
Whatever you're feeling and whatever plans you have, we're still here to support you.
Our Way Forward events are a big part of that support.
At Way Forward, we bring you together with 15-20 other young people whose cancer treatment finished between 6 months and 5 years ago. Together you can:
- chat openly about anything that's on your mind
- ask questions about anything
- leave everyday stress far behind
- get practical, expert advice on the big issues that bother young people such as relationships, work, mental health, and body image
Our upcoming events
We're working on our programme of 2020 events, but you can register your interest to be the first to find out details about our upcoming events.
Register your interest
By registering your interest in our Way Forward events you'll be the first to know when we have news about upcoming events. And if you have a question please drop us an email!