Mission Unstoppable - terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are the challenge rules (the “Rules”) and apply to the Mission Unstoppable Challenge by Teenage Cancer Trust (the “Challenge”). By entering the Challenge, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
Teenage Cancer Trust is the beneficiary charity. Registered Charity 1062559 (England & Wales); SC039757 (Scotland) with a registered office at The Place, 175 High Holborn, London, W1V 7AA.
- Entrants must be UK residents and must be aged 18 and over.
- By entering the Challenge, entrants are deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Challenge starts on 12 January 2024 and finishes on 10 June 2024. All funds raised must be delivered in cleared funds to Teenage Cancer Trust by 10 June 2024.
- Companies are able to enter multiple teams into the Challenge with a minimum of eight participants and maximum of fifteen per team.
- Companies must provide seed funding of up to £1,000 to each team from that company taking part.
- Companies must follow fundraising and competition guidelines that can be found in the ‘Dive In Pack’. Teenage Cancer Trust is unable to offer legal advice and we recommend that companies seek legal advice on the Charity Commission website where needed.
Publicity & Data Protection
- Challenge participants may be required to participate in publicity, e.g. companies may be mentioned in press releases and on social media. By entering this Challenge, companies may be required to participate in any form of publicity relating to the Challenge.
- Personal data will be taken from all companies and participants taking part. Only a company email and number will be required. Personal data will be used by Teenage Cancer Trust to contact your company during the Challenge. Any personal data of entrants will be processed in accordance with applicable UK data protection legislation.
- Each company will provide their team/s with up to £1,000 seed funding. Companies will be responsible for deciding how best to transfer the seed funding to their team/s.
- Each team will use the seed funding to raise at least £10,000 or more for Teenage Cancer Trust. If a team raises £10,000 or above, the company may deduct the seed funding from the final fundraising total. If a team fails to raise £10,000, the seed funding for that group cannot be taken from the fundraising total and must be recovered from the company.
Resignation of a member of any Group
- Each company shall ensure that any member of any team who decides to terminate their involvement in the Challenge must first inform the Teenage Cancer Trust representative and the company representative in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable. The Company shall use its best endeavours to find replacement employees to join the teams.
- If members of any team reduce to below eight (or such other minimum number as notified by Teenage Cancer Trust to the Company) the company representative shall notify the Teenage Cancer Trust Representative. The parties’ representatives shall meet as soon as possible to discuss the reasons for the reduction and why it has not been possible to recruit additional members to the team.
Requirements of entrants
- We ask your company to agree to the following:
- Provide a point of contact who will drive the Challenge forward within your company
- Provide seed funding of up to £1,000 for each team taking part from your company
- Regular communication via email and calls
- Provide reasonable support from key partnership stakeholders, such as charity champions and leadership team
- Use reasonable endeavours to return all charity owned fundraising materials bearing the Teenage Cancer Trust logo once the Challenge has finished
- Requirement to act in accordance with applicable laws and the Fundraising Regulator Code of Fundraising Practice
- If companies are providing products or services to raise funds for Teenage Cancer Trust, a separate Commercial Partnership Agreement will be needed
- Teenage Cancer Trust will apply best endeavours to support with all relevant aspects of the challenge, including but not limited to:
- A dedicated point of contact
- Full support to your company employees looking to fundraise on our behalf, for example providing ideas and information on Challenge events
- Providing relevant information and materials about Teenage Cancer Trust
- Supply of images, logo, text or quotes for use by your company
Cancellation or Amendment by Teenage Cancer Trust
- This Challenge may be cancelled or amended at any time by Teenage Cancer Trust without prior notice.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.