If you’re feeling suicidal, have seriously harmed yourself or you’re at risk of doing so, please seek urgent medical help now.

  • Call 999 for an ambulance
  • Go to your nearest accident and emergency department
  • Call your crisis team if you’re already supported by a mental health service

If you can’t do this on your own, contact someone to help you.

If you need urgent medical advice about your cancer, you should either:

  • Contact your clinical team or hospital on the out of hours number they have given you
  • Go to your local accident and emergency department or call 999 if you need urgent attention
  • Contact your GP for an emergency appointment

If you need to speak to someone about how you’re feeling right now, but it’s not a medical emergency, please contact a member of your clinical team, if this is a time you would expect them to be available.

If they’re not available, or if you’d rather speak to someone else, there are lots of places you can get support. We’ve listed some below – you can also find helpful information on these organisations’ websites.

The important thing is to talk to someone, so please do.


  • Samaritans. Free telephone support. Phone 116 123 (open 24 hours, every day)
  • The Mix. Essential support for under 25s. Text THEMIX to 85258 (open 24 hours, every day)
  • Shout. Crisis support by text. Text SHOUT to 85258 (open 24 hours, every day)
  • Childline. Help and advice by phone for under 19s. Call 0800 1111 (open 7:30am – 3:30am, every day)

Are you under 18 and being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity?

CEOP helps any child or young person under the age of 18 who is being pressured, forced or tricked into taking part in sexual activity of any kind. This can be something that has taken place either online or in ‘the real world’, or both.

The CEOP Safety Centre has clear information and advice on what can be reported to CEOP, the reporting process and what will happen if you do decide to make a report.

Visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP.