Schools have a key role to play in educating young people about health including cancer.
Our high quality education resources help schools deliver sessions that cover:
- what cancer is, including specific types of cancer
- its signs and symptoms
- the importance of healthy living
- sun safety
- HPV vaccine
- the impact of a cancer diagnosis
- and other topics
Cancer education will be part of the National Curriculum in England from 2020, and we hope Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will follow suit.
Our resources are designed to help teachers meet the curriculum requirements around cancer, and we’re regularly adding new resources, including animations and videos:
- What is cancer? lesson plans
- HPV and cervical cancer lesson plans
- Personal relationships education drama
- Sun safety