We're really looking forward to another epic day at the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon and would love for you to join #TeamLegend!
You can beat the ballot stress by applying for one of our charity places. To do so, please visit our London Marathon website.
Alternatively, if you want to enter the ballot and wait it out, make sure to pick us as a chosen charity when applying!
We'll support you every step of the way, from the moment you sign up, with fundraising and training advice, all the way to the finish line with cheering squads lining the route and a post-race party with free food and drink - and that all-important massage!
“Teenage Cancer Trust, you surpassed yourself, you have an incredible team working behind the scenes making this exceptional event a truly memorable experience! I cannot thank you all enough for your support. There is no other charity I would run for!”
2018 #TeamLegend Runner
What we offer our runners
We could go on all day about why you should join our team, but that would be boring so we’ll keep it short. Here are our top 5 reasons:
- You’ll help young people with cancer
- We work with RunningWithUs to provide you with expert running advice
- We have the loudest cheer squads at the marathon to keep you going along the way
- You’ll receive an exclusive personalised Teenage Cancer Trust running top
- You’ll have an amazing race day experience, including access to our exclusive post race celebration!
Whether you are a first time or experienced marathon runner we have training advice available to help you cross that finish line!
- We are offering an exclusive training day for all our #TeamLegend runners which will be run by experts
- Top training tips from our wonderful partners at RunningWithUs will be readily available
- We have an exclusive #TeamLegend Facebook group where you can get advice from your fellow runners, or ask the experts a question directly.
- Worried about 'The Wall'? Our experts can provide the best ways to get over this mental milestone in the marathon!
- Say yes to the (running) dress - our experts have provided first hand advice on how to tailor training to the season and how to get the most out of your training through the clothing you wear
"When the training was tough, keeping in touch with TCT really motivated me to keep on going. Their presence at the Expo and also at the event was super!" - #TeamLegend Runner
Asking your friends and family to sponsor you doesn't have to be a chore - at Teenage Cancer Trust we really know how to put the FUN in Fundraising!
- Our dedicated Supporter Care Team is on hand 9am to 5.30pm 5 days a week to answer any fundraising questions you might have
- We have a range of fundraising materials available which can help make any fundraising event you put on a success
- You'll never be stuck for an idea if you join our team - for every season we have a Fundraising Guide that has been specifically designed to help you hold events both at home and at work
- Regular check in's from our London Marathon Team - we will send personalised communication to make sure you have everything you need to make your fundraising a success
- Go head to head with your fellow marathon runners on our Fundraising Leader Board and see how you all are helping us to reach every young person with cancer
On the day
To us, you're all VIP's, so we want to make sure you have the best marathon experience possible!
- It's a well known fact that #TeamLegend is the most photogenic team around, and we prove it by organising a massive start line team photo
- Around the marathon course, we have 6 Cheer Squads packed with volunteers who are expertly trained to go wild when they see a Teenage Cancer Trust runner
- You can wear your Teenage Cancer Trust technical vest with pride so the world can see how you are helping young people with cancer
- Once you cross the finish line you will be whisked (or maybe carried) over to our Post-Race Celebration, where you can reunite with you loved ones and have some well deserved refreshments
- Most importantly of all, you can have a professional massage on us!
"Everything was excellent but definitely a special mention for the support on the day - felt as much like a festival as it did a race!" - #TeamLegend Runner
How you will help
£420 could pay for a school session so young people and their families know the signs of cancer and feel confident seeking help if they need it
£2,000 could pay for the professional education and development for one of our staff members so they can continue to provide world-leading expert care for young people with cancer.
£6,900 could maintain a unit for a year to ensure they provide home from home as much as possible to help young people feel comfortable receiving their treatment and are able to meet other young people with cancer.
£20,000 could pay for the development of our Sun Safety Education and Awareness Programme, to raise awareness of sun protection and the risks of exposure to the sun and sun beds.
£45,000 could fund a Teenage Cancer Trust Lead Nurse for a year, who is responsible for leading nursing care of all the young people on a Teenage Cancer Trust unit and beyond.
If you have any questions about our work, or want to tell us something, we’d love to hear from you.Contact us ›